Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Deepak Chopra

The rejection of modern medicine can be a dangerous thing. I have no problems with anyone using any form of spirituality to aid them mentally through challenges, just as long as it does not advise them of stopping their regular medical treatments. Meditation, praying and other thought focusing practices can help one relax and reduce stress which allow for them to focus on their physical medical needs better.

I must admit that I knew very little about Deepak Chopra. I've read some things that I have found alarming over the last hour. It would appear that some of what he advises is a transistion away from modern medicine.
(http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/chopra.html )

What I find particularly troubling is Ayurvedic herbal products containing high levels of mercury and other metals like lead. I can understand people's angry feeling about this.

It is interesting to note for magicians like me is that Deepak's adviser had an influence on Doug Henning, Canadian Magician. When I turned 18, I was able to vote and wouldn't you know it...Doug Henning was running as a member of the Natural Law party of Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Law_Party_of_Canada

Yes I voted for his party. I was young and just thought it was cool that one of my magical heroes was running. Little did I know back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment